NPVJ5S VINTAGE HUM-CANCELLING SET
You will get old school tones from the NP5V and a full, growly tone from the NJ5S. If you are looking for a P tone full of impact in the neck, then we recommend going with our standard NP5 in the case of this particular P/J combination. However, if you are looking for a P tone that is lower in output—contributing to a darker midrange and low end that has been slightly subdued by a loss of clarity—then this pickup might be exactly the thing you’ve been looking for.
- NP5V pickup and an NJ5S (split coil) bridge position as a set.
- Alnico V magnets.
- 19mm string spacing standard
- Smaller magnet load in NP5V
- Drop-in P/J combo replacement pickups.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Laser cut, fiber bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Length: 3.73” (94.74 mm)
- Width: .72” (18.29 mm)
- Length: 2.26” (57.40 mm)
- Width: 1.10” (27.94 mm)
History: This pickup combination is derived from the desire to achieve the same vintage tone that we try to facilitate through the NPVJ4SV. However, this time we have loaded the split J with 43 and 44 SPN wire in order to pump up the overall tone, which seems to compensate for the lower output of the NP5V.