This set combines the best characteristics of our standard P with the earnest clarity of the NJ4SV. The hum-canceling qualities of these pickups in congruence with each other’s tonal structure creates a dynamic amalgam of P/J versatility. The neck position distributes a full bodied and resonant 60s & 70s tone, while the bridge cuts through with its genuine growl and piercing lucidity. This P/J combination will give presence and clear cut articulation to any player’s style, providing a tone that asserts these pickups’ character through a steady study of their fluid interactivity.
- NP4 pickup and an NJ4SV (split coil) bridge position as a set.
- Drop-in P/J combo replacement pickups.
- Available in Alnico III or V magnets:
- Alnico III: will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character. Click here to add Alnico III option.
- Alnico V: all around brighter, punchier, and meaner (Standard).
- 19mm string spacing standard.
- Available in black plastic covers
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Length: 3.73” (94.74 mm)
Width: .72” (18.29 mm)
- Length: 2.26” (57.40 mm)
- Width: 1.10” (27.94 mm)
History:The NPJ4SV set is provided to give players a fluid P/J combination that distributes a clearer, more invigorating, and refreshing partnership than its brother, the NPJ4SE. While the SE combo is significant for its great muscularity and substantial aggression, the SV emits a guanine character that refreshes the throaty trajectory of its P counterpart. Essentially, the birth of the NPJ4SV stems from an effort to balance the wild tendencies of the NPJ4SE, which works to allow players a choice between either what is essentially the embodiment of impact and muscularity or the terse tonality of genuine articulation and vigor.