Big Rig是在與貝斯手 Alberto Rigoni 的一次對話中誕生的。這次對話後開始研發了一種非對稱磁柱設計；線圈可以感應到弦的不同部分的動態，讓輸出音色有更多面向，這與一般的Humbucker雙線圈 hum cancelling 拾音器不同，Big Rig 的聲音是更開放的、更多細節、更優雅的，同時為演奏者提供了大量的音色細節，向這個設計的緣由”復古 51 P” 致敬。在使用這種拾音器時，弦間距至關重要。因此，為了得到Big Rig 豐滿音色請務必確認您的弦間距。
- Hum-canceling 4 string bass pickup.
- Angled pole pieces
- Available in Alnico III or V magnets:
- Alnico III: will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character. Click here to add Alnico III option.
- Alnico V: all around brighter, punchier, and meaner (Standard).
- Available in 19mm spacing
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Available in soapbar covers:
BIGRIG 4 尺寸:
- Bartolini® BC (3.99″ x 1.27)
- EMG35® (1.51″ x 3.52″)
BIGRIG 5 尺寸:
- Bartolini® P2 (4.27″ x 1.27″)
- EMG40® (1.51″ x 4.02″)
BIGRIG 6 尺寸:
- Bartolini® P4 (4.675″ x 1.27″)
- EMG45® (1.51″ x 4.52″)
History: The BigRig is of caveman roots—a combination of the vintage 51 P design enhanced with modern, innovative, and creative pickup science. The pickup winding technicians who work at the shop simply cannot believe the amount of sonic dimension in these pickups, and so have come to the conclusion that the only possible way for them to exist is through some sort of traverse through time; perhaps an expedition conducted by Carey Nordstrand and Alberto Rigoni that led them through the realm of vintage tone as they painted it with modern science and tone chasing gusto. The result of this endeavor is what has come to be Rigoni’s signature pickup: the refined Big Rig.