BIG SPLITMAN 5
In essence, this pickup is a quad-coil BigMan with a cutthroat vendetta against hum and a raw energy slightly superseding the BigMan’s iconic aggression. Its composition is essentially two Big Splits under the same cover, which, tone wise creates a kind of unsaturated sonic righteousness demonstrating its ability to ward off unwanted hum and perpetuate its manifold character throughout any practice room or venue. If the BigMan is just not enough for you, then this pickup will surely supply any missing notes of versatility in tone and character an unsatisfied player might be found craving. The Big SplitMan will not disappoint those who practice the art of manipulating large and unruly tone.
- 2 hum-canceling Big Splits in a 5 String MM cover
- Drop-in replacement for 5 String MM bass pickup
- Alnico V magnets
- Laser cut vulcanized fiber bobbins
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone
- Default wiring is Parallel
- We offer three different spacing and cover combinations:
- Soap bar shape with no ears and narrow spacing. These have a rectangular cover and narrow spacing that will work on original Music Man five string: 17.5mm
- Larger shape with ears and wide spacing. These will fit Lakland and other basses with a wide spacing: 19mm
- Larger shape with ears and narrow spacing. These will fit OLP (not the OLP Tony Levin signature model) and other basses with a narrow spacing: 15.25mm
- Custom spacings are available upon request.
*This pickup extends 3/8” deeper into the body than a standard MM pickup.
BIG SPLITMAN 5 尺寸:
MM5 Wide Shape:
- Length: 4.60” (116.84 mm)
- Width: 1.90” (48.26 mm)
- Length: 4.42” (112.14 mm)
- Width: 1.95” (49.53 mm)
History: The Big SplitMan’s design stems for the simple idea of implementing the quad-coil design within the BigMan. Through the mystical trajectory of our shop’s creativity and ingenuity, this design was without a doubt destined to manifest; there was nothing to be done, for it is simply the nature of Nordstrand to take all differing aspects of design, cut them up, infuse them, and test and mix them in an alchemy of sonic fever volatilized and inhaled for the sake of creative fruition. Basically, we just really dig the tones in both the Big Split and the BigMan, so it is only natural that we try to breed them. Do you have the balls to try one today?