In the clean boost section, the Mk3 has an independently switchable clean boost consisting of a Vishay JFET and BJT clean boost.
Borrowing from the limited edition J-Drive TR, we’ve also added a cool transformer output stage to the overdrive section – it has a wonderful smoothing effect on the upper mids and highs, placing an inductive source impedance at the amps input as a guitar’s pickup would (but at a lower output impedance so it works great into other pedals as well as amps).
Our ‘Close Asymmetry’ overdrive circuit utilizes a Schottky barrier diode for smooth asymmetrical clipping – which combined with the transformer output gives a liquid smooth sustain with punch. The ‘Warmth’ control offers a unique tonal control adding low end gain while simultaneously cutting top end- perfect for warming up a bright amp or guitar. We’ve also added a toggle switchable high frequency shelf filter to add extra ‘bite’ when needed.
|– true bypass signal path for both the clean boost
and drive sections
– discrete clean boost circuit with JFET input/BJT
– premium audio components, including 2% polypropylene capacitors, 1% metal film resistors and a Burr Brown OPA2134 opamp
|– post-volume control overdrive transformer output stage
that smooths upper mids and highs
– ‘Close Asymmetry’ Schottky diode clipping circuit
– switchable highpass shelf filter for additional ‘bite’,
implemented without additional active components
– battery or standard negative tip 9V DC adapter operation